Monday, January 10, 2011

Maywood Trunk Show on display (includes my quilt!)

My husband, Duncan, and I had the opportunity to be in Portland this weekend. On our way home last night, I was impressed to make a quick stop at Fabric Depot. I just wanted to check and see if my "Will You Accept This Rose?" quilt, the result of my Jackie Robinson block design Viewer's Choice win last summer, was on display. Sure enough, there it was on the west wall as part of a Trunk Show with all patterns and books on sale. I was really excited. Of course, being on Sunday night, there weren't many people around, especially in the office, so just happened to mention it to the two gals who helped me--which was kind of fun to get their reaction. So...it still is out there! Fun to see it again. Maybe I'll be able to create another quilt with the 'leftover' pieces during February. If you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by and take advantage of the sale, but at least check out the quilt. The photos are hard to represent the quilting, seeing it in person allows you to see those details too.

No comments:

Post a Comment