Monday, November 5, 2012

{Sew} Modern/Design Wall/BOM's Away Monday

A couple of finishes for {Sew} Modern Monday's index.

This is a version of McCall's 2012 Mystery quilt. I used the Terrain, by Kate Spain for MODA, line of fabric.

The quilting is inspired by the motifs in the dark blue and hot pink fabric and was done as a continuous line free motion quilting. I was able to do approximately 2 rows at a time. This makes it easy to use the piecing seam lines as registration lines for the quilt design.

Razzle Dazzle ....check out the backside!




The backside is leftover pieces from this top and another one that I used the same line of fabric. I'll put my label or write in the white square in the lower right. The entire back was quite improvisationally pieced!

Another version of the same quilt --I'm naming Spring Fling.


And its backside too! Was happy with the matching of the motifs on the left side so that it looks like a continuous piece.

My Design Wall and BOM progress:

Click on the links to the right for other indexes in the {Sew} Modern Monday finishes, Design Walls at Patchwork Times and BOM's Away Monday Progress at WhataHootQuilts.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have a great design wall space and lots of beautiful blocks on it. Your quilts are very prettty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring room to create in! Love both of your quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love seeing your gorgeous black blocks lining the room that way. Very stunning! And I'm eyeing those overhead lights with a wee bit of envy. . . ;D Hey, how's your hubby doing? Are you guys still separated by the work? How are *you* doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like unexpected backings on quilts!! Yours make your quilts reversible!!

    ReplyDelete