Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Toppers and Hoppers

Our Island Batik Ambassador challenge for September is Bountiful Table Toppers and I've got a Shop Hop happening Sept 22, 23 and 25. So I'm posting today about Toppers and Hoppers! :-)


I used the Tradewinds collection from Island Batik. The ~3" x 18" pieces that I had became this. I calculated what my strip cuts would be to use all the fabric and create a gentle curve.

The quilting just follows the same fabric transition and repeated. I used a Signature variegated thread with browns and teals and Thermore batting to keep it stable when used on a table yet still shows off the quilting.



















I'm calling this Sunrise on Lake Roosevelt.


































Our North Central Washington Shop Hop is happening Sept. 22-25. "Come Fall in Love"

My own shop, KISSed Quilts in Grand Coulee is open Sept 22 (Thurs), 23 (Fri)  and 25 (Sun). I hope you'll choose to come on one those days to my shop.

Pick up a passport, get it stamped at all 6 locations, receive a free leaf pattern from each shop and when you complete the shop hop you'll receive the cutting instructions for making a quilt layout that I got to design.

Each shop chose a different technique and their own size of block. I then used that information to create a design for them to all work together.







Here is what I came up with:
It is not quilted yet and will likely still evolve. Quilting will add many veins to the leaves.

I'll have a kit for my block available for purchase and a kit of fabrics for the 'extra parts' and borders if you like the fabrics I used. I also have several other fall themed fabrics that could also work --so choose on your own and be creative!

4 comments: