Monday, February 20, 2017

Design Wall Monday

Added another block to this long-time UFO ...'Oddie's Wild Nature'. This block is from a June Jaeger design. I'm using just particular blocks from a couple of her quilt designs, as well as a few other designers.

Two rather large full scene blocks to do and a few fillers or sized to fit designs are still in the works.


Finished the quilt top for this 'In Memory' or 'Memorial Garden' design from my Dangling Diamonds pattern that includes 4 bonus 'patriotic' quilts. This one is made with Island Batik Fabrics --it is available as a kit if you're interested. Ready to quilt it along with 2 other designs of the 4! Hoping the 4th test will get done and sent back soon.


Feeling the President's Day holiday by finishing up this little idea.

My mom made this Row by Row from The Gathering Place in Rupert, ID last summer and gave it to me at Thanksgiving time.


I also got this row from a client in TX from Quilters Crossing in Tomball, and used some stash Island Batik fabrics to make it up.

Both of these rows are going to be sent to Quilts of Valor Stars -- a facebook group where you don't have to make a whole quilt, but can donate star blocks or patriotic rows or be a team member of finishing a quilt --sew it together, quilt it, bind it, etc.

I've been strategizing on my #islandbatik Ambassador challenges for the first part of the year and think I've got a plan for all. So, you'll continue to see progress each month on these! Next week will be the Kennel Quilts, where I got my inspiration from and will include some that my local quilting friends made.

Today my shop is open especially for all those who might have the day off, hope you will stop by 11am - 5pm. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Your design wall has some amazing things on it. I really like that row by row and will have to see if any of my Idaho friends picked it up, or will pick it up for me. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete