Monday, March 27, 2017

Design Wall Monday

Progress on two from last week

The Lake Life 5" squares .... (#islandbatik stamps). Photo is final placement, but this one still needs each row to be sewn to the next and a simple border added. In the pile now to go to retreat next week to be completed.

The Glowing Embers 10" squares (#islandbatik stacks)

I posted today on Instagram as part of the #igquiltfest for 'inspiration' with this particular one. Last year the hill burned from the top to the bottom across the water from our home. This collection made me keep thinking about that experience and I thought the colors could be set in a way that would represent the fire coming down the hill.

Will work on finalizing the placement and sewing it together next week at retreat.

My March Island Batik Ambassador challenge is "March Mini Madness" using English or Foundation Paper Piecing. I have mine quilted now.....just need to get it bound to do a final post. Here is a sneak peek.



This week I'm hosting an intensive Rondure experience here in Grand Coulee. I've got students from the westside of Washington that requested a class...with a 10 session sequence it is too much for them to travel once a month, so we're doing nine 3 hour sessions; 3 per day. yikes!! I'll explain the final session which is borders and some may stay on Friday to finish up. Not for the beginner, but it should be fun. Everyone got moved in today and we finalized fabric selections. We're going to have some beauties!! I'm even hoping to get another version done myself.

The inverted version is on the left and my original 1892 Rondure is on the right.


If you'd like to follow along, check out postings daily at www.facebook.com/kissedquilts and on Instagram at marlene.kissedquilts https://www.instagram.com/marlene.kissedquilts/

2 comments:

  1. Lake Life and Glowing Embers are awesome! Looking forward to seeing them when they are all together and quilted - be sure to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are all great, but the one with the hill burning down is amazing.

    ReplyDelete