Wednesday, March 7, 2018

WIP

All is not quiet on the KQ front, but I realize I haven't been posting much on my blog.

Here is an update.

Just published my newsletter for March--if you'd like to receive this on a monthly basis, please sign up on my website.  Here it is:

News & Updates
Do you have the luck of the Irish?Charmed
There will be some lucky winners at the Quilt 'til you Wilt event happening in Odessa, WA, March 19 -- don't miss out if you're a regional reader. Here is a flyer with all the details. Be sure to check your registration packets for something extra from KISSed Quilts.
We will have a few special days that we are unavailable this month, including most Fridays. Always a good idea to call ahead if you're coming from a distance. Notably: March 9, 16, 19, 20, 23 and 30.

All widebacks are now available on the new website.  We continue to work on adding more SKUs.
Next week sign-ups for the Fall Festival online tutorials will start. Watch my Facebook and Instagram accounts for details or respond to this email with your interest in the free tutorials that will be shared on a periodic basis to get through my Fall Festival Quilt Design. The pattern is available on my website

Are you following along on Instagram with the #igquiltfest hosted by @AmysCreativeSide?   my IG account is marlene.kissedquilts --come follow along!

Row by Row - Sew Musical is happening this summer. I will be participating, including the Jr. Row so there are lots of new things in the works. Collect rows for yourself, your friends, your kids, grand kids or your neighbors' kids. Have you seen there are different sizes available this year? I've been playing with several designs, haven't made any final decisions and open to input that I'll take under advisement. Start planning now as the kickoff will coincide with my 5 year anniversary celebrations! You won't want to miss it.

Marlene


Quilt Queue -- May Openings

Open Sew Activities
All of these activities happen at 412 Federal Ave, Grand Coulee. Enter from the east end of the building, we're in room 207. 
OPEN SEW - MOST Tuesdays 1-4pm
OPEN SEW - ALL DAY - 2nd Monday of the month - 
Next occurrence is: March 12
We hope you'll put these events into your calendar and be a part of the sewing and quilting community of the Coulee area. --aka  'Coulee Creators'. If you are local and would like to keep up with our weekly happenings, be sure to join this closed group--sometimes we just want to share progress with our local friends and not everybody on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/couleecreators/
No new classes are currently scheduled. We're still working towards dates for a Bargello class very soon. Let me know if you are interested as we'll be putting the schedule together in the next couple of weeks.

If there are any particular techniques or projects that you'd like to have as a class, gather your friends who are interested and we'll schedule a class that works for you. Costs will be determined based on number of students and time needed for the project.

Join the Toscana Club!
Want to add all kinds of colors to your stash?

Northcott's Toscana line is my color wall at the shop. I've had several inquire about pre-cuts of the entire line. The smaller sizes you can get all at once. The larger sizes you can sign up for the club and get 10 - 12 pieces monthly (each vertical is a month).

All 135 - 5" squares = $30 - one time purchase
All 135 - 10" squares = $90 - one time purchase
1/2 yard cuts - over 12 months you'll receive all 135 - $50/month or as many months at a time that you'd like. If you'd like just one particular vertical, they are also available.
Yardage by the SKU $8.50/yd
 
I want to do this!
 
Marlene Oddie | KISSed Quilts | 509.386.5715 | marlene@kissedquilts.com | kissedquilts.com




And a brief update on my #365blockchallenge2018 project. Here are the blocks and a bonus that I made, including the center medallion for the quilt. So looking forward to having this 'orange' section over with! :-)


I've also got some elements cut out for the #aves weekly project, but alas have not stitched one. I'm working on reorganizing my sewing room to accomodate an additional table and my featherweight so that I can have two separate machines set up to work on these different but long-term projects. Should be interesting!

A bit of a long-term project in the works - Bonnie Hunter/Quiltville's 2015 Mystery- Alletaire. I've got one more sub-assembly to finish up of the 'extras' I'm doing in order to make it bigger to fit on our king size bed and then I am ready to assemble all blocks. Here were my first four.


I am loving the inspiration of this --Italy -- where I have spent time traveling via school trips or working in my adult life. 

I also pieced, from 1.5 yds of fabric, some is still available in my shop, these 'Triangle Frenzy' runners.

Two of these:



Haven't quite decided how I want to 'finish' them, but they are simple and stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment