Thursday, February 21, 2019

WIP

I've finished two tops so far this year and have another in progress that is close to finishing. So here are some visuals.

This has been in progress since 2007. Last Dec. I taught the Peppermint Candy Table Runner class. The same colors are used in this project and I had carefully curated fabrics to make blocks (each unique). So, I cut out the blocks for this project and was able to use the leftovers for the Peppermint project. This inspired me to push on and get this project done too. I'm ready to quilt it now and am calling it Holly in the Snow --I plan to show it at the Tri-Cities Quilt Guild Show at the end of March. (Kennewick WA)

2015 Row by Row Experience H20 Theme --- I'm calling this collection -- The Columbia River Story -- using my Road Trip finishing design (pattern and border fabric kits available in other year themes). It is ready to be quilted and I plan to show it at the end of March at the Tri-Cities Quilt Guild show as well.

2018 Sew Musical - Row by Row Experience ...I've got 3 more blocks to do and this one will be ready to quilt. I'm planning on donating this to Monterey Bay Academy to raise funds for road resurfacing in honor of my dad who passed away last August. Their alumni weekend is in April and there is a big Oceanaires Reunion Concert. My dad traveled with this select choir as the sound guy. I curated these rows last summer while he was declining in health and his life and love of flight, physics and music inspired this collection.


Linking up with Wait Loss Wednesday 

1 comment:

  1. So inspiring! To make progress on so many older WIPs is awesome. Thanks for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete