Sunday, September 15, 2019

QOV for my cousin

Loved creating this for my cousin - my closest relative to have served our country.

Thank you cuz!

Started as a class from the Republic Quilt Guild, taught by Rae Salkeld. I went into the 'advanced' class which was taught up in Canada and enjoyed a couple of days working over the President's Day Weekend several years ago while my husband and I also celebrated our wedding anniversary, staying at the Noble House B&B which was a fantastic geothermal home. While I didn't exactly have a pattern, but a general principles to follow, I did have a few books to consider. I had my own opinions of course on how the braid should track around the panel and the panel starts at a particular size. Once I made a braid I then had a better idea of exactly how long it was going to be and how many colors would be needed for the lengths necessary. The large outer border fabric has eagles and images of Half Dome from Yosemite National Park. My cousin is definitely an 'outdoorsy' kind of guy and I thought this was just the right touch for his personal QOV.



Flannel back, wool batting. Soaring - Grande panto.
He seemed very pleased. ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment