Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP - April 6, 2011

Completed Projects
:-(  nada ...well I did successfully stitch a quilt yesterday in 'unregulated' mode, but this isn't considered a personal project, but it is a personal skill that I want to improve. I often overrun my stitch regulator and have decided I need to gain enough confidence to do stipples and all-over freemotion patterns in an unregulated mode so that I can go faster. This was a practice quilt sent to me by a group that my mom leads out with in Arizona called 'Bags of Love'. They make a cloth bag and include age and gender appropriate items, including a quilt and provide them to CPS when children are removed from homes, often meth homes, so they don't have anything. This 'bag of love' has a label on it that says 'My Very Own' and provides something to the child that they really can call 'my very own'. I did stop and put on the regulator to do the motif of the car in the panel print. If you are just reading my blog for the first time, I keep track of my quilting business on www.facebook.com/kissedquilts and you can check out the website at http://www.kissedquilts.com/


Active Ongoing Projects - Progress!
Psychedelic America -- 5 blocks to go
SuperNova - see my strips cut out in the Monday Design Wall blog entry.
EQ BOM - color selections made ...just has to be done by the end of the month ;-)

Ongoing - ON HOLD
Starlight-Flutterbright (crystals to be applied only), now hanging @ Highland Quilts, Athena, OR
Jinny Beyer 2010 BOM
Oddie's Wild Nature - found some in progress pictures that I didn't post last week. The California Poppies are from a McKenna Ryan pattern. The long-horn sheep are from a June Jaeger pattern and I chose fabrics based on how my husband and I always see them in the gorge--very disguised on the hill. These are all fused applique and I'm putting them into a collage type quilt of different blocks. Each block chosen based on scenes, locations, images from our travels. The stripes in the back ground are just the lawn chair HA!
Lonestar wall hanging
One-fabric re-pieced table cloth
Vineyard wall hanging

Completed Tops awaiting Quilting
2006 Basket BOM
Tulip wall hanging
Colorwash Duvet Cover

Stats:
New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 0
Currently in Progress: 12

WIP Linkup Index Happy WIPPING :-)

2 comments:

  1. i really like the california poppies, so pretty with the purple background. and I am a little jealous of your long arm! how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers on the purple background. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete