Spinner - 2012 finish #11
Read the tutorial, including EQ design tips and piecing instructions.
The 'flag' blocks were made as part of EQ (Electric Quilt design software) 2011 BOM (Block of the Month). The layout or setting was designed by me for the contest and it won! The quilting was done on my Gammill Optimum Plus long-arm machine and was my first attempt to quilt-it-to-death. Learned a lot in the process, and also formally blocked it--never done that before--after adding another border (yes after quilting it ...doh) and then putting a piped binding onto it too. All new adventures for me. Biggest lesson learned--be sure to color-fast test your fabric if you intend to ever wash the piece you're making.
- McCall's Mystery - Part 3 -- both quilt tops are done! The link takes you to a group shot with all but 1 of my small group's progress as well.
- Skill Builder Sampler - Block #8 - Breaking Out -- flying geese. I think the block turned out bigger than 12.5" so not sure what I'm going to do, but maybe I can get it to shrink ;-) ha.
- WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
- Rose of Sharon Bird Block
- Alaska 2007 Shop Hop....on track! ready for block #4
- Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness...ready for block #4
- Oddie's Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
- Snowflake/Blizzard Quilt
- Irena Bluhm coloring samples
Bonus: I belong to the 'Just Us Quilter's Facebook group and last month's charity quilt was for Epilepsy Society ...purple with any brights and the Calico Puzzle block from Quilter's Cache was the request. I made these using Eleanor Burn's Quilt in a Day Method for 8 half square triangles out of 2 squares. It's sure purple! :-)
In Progress: 9
To start: 3 (Peace Park, Shop Hop the Blues 2007 & 2009) I'm going to put off these starts until I get some of the other small projects finished.
the 'tour' only, i.e. do you have miles you can use to get there? Join me!! I need a roommate.