A brief status update, but before you look, tomorrow I'm blogging as part of the EQ7 - Sew Cal Gal hosted Blog Hop. Hope you'll stop by to check it out and be inspired with a fall themed tutorial.
I've been busy dealing with moving logistics and shop hopping around North Central Washington last week and this week 'Hop the Blues' in Eastern Washington and Oregon.
With just short bursts of time, I continue to hone my skills turning my stitch regulator off and quilting baby quilts for charity. Another quilter in my small group agreed to utilize fabric that I had and piece tops together. I don't count these in my WIP, but part of my practicing for my business.
Here are two I did this week.
This quilt had 'Dick and Jane' fabric and alphabet letters, so I stitched a continuous alphabet and returned with a squiggle above the line of letters that allowed me to cross the t and dot the i and j. Wherever I got to in the alphabet at the end of the line, I just continued on the next line.
This one I tried to draw a repeating Mickey Mouse ears, but I just couldn't get something I felt good about, so went with a sort of baseball allover that I made up myself.
- Out of the Darkness Block #8 is done! and #9 is cut out.
- WWCHS (well, 2 more blocks showed up, expecting one more envelope)
- Alaska 2007 Shop Hop --ready to do block #9
- Honeymoon Storm at Sea
- Oddie’s Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
- Snowflake BOM win/Blizzard quilt
- Roman Stripes
- Working With What You've Got
- McCall's Mystery - Spring Time
- McCall's Mystery - Hot Jazz
- Rose of Sharon Bird Block Wallhanging - 'Rose of Hope'
- Irena Bluhm - colored pencil class project
- WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
2012 WIP Stats:
In Progress: 14
Check out other WIP's at Freshly Pieced