Monday, August 29, 2016

Design Wall Monday

We're in the middle of the big Island Batik - Seaside Summer Blog Hop and I'm going to be posting again on September 1...but here is my initial layout on my design wall for that post.

I'm using Cloud 9 Fabrics - Ribbon Box Quilt pattern and Island Batik's Splash fabrics.

This past weekend was my local county fair (Lincoln Co., WA) and I had a few of my own quilts as well as several customer quilts.

Was nice to be recognized for some good work.

Three quilts got best of show in their category (one was mine, and the other two I quilted), one of my customers' got people's choice and the other also got an Honorable Mention ribbon from INMQ (a Machine Quilter's regional group).

All six of my entries got at least a blue ribbon and of the other 6 customer entries, 4 blue and 2 red.

Whoo Hoo! Fun to be recognized and learn from the judge specific things I can continue to work on--if I choose! :-) HA! Utility quilts just don't seem to need the miter stitched down in the binding, what do you think?



I have awarded the two giveaways to the first two that have come by the shop for their copy of the magazine and Marcus Fabrics after the release of my pattern 'Mountain Pass' in the Oct/Nov McCall's Quick Quilts issue now on newsstands. Congrats Karren P. and Carol E.!



 
 
I did finish this up last week--my new design 'Geese on the Run' now put into blue/white/grey fabrics so I've called this version 'Snowbirds'.
 
 
This is on my quilting table--Labyrinth Walk --a customer's quilt....and I plan to teach the piecing of it this new season. If you're interested, let me know!




Imminently happening .....this is a sneek peek of a part of my row that will be in a row along that starts Sept. 6. ....the Road Home (see side bar).


5 comments:

  1. I like the peek at your design wall. It caught my eye immediately! The imagery of woven-ness has always appealed to me--even as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the peek at your design wall. It caught my eye immediately! The imagery of woven-ness has always appealed to me--even as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your post on DWM. Congrats on being Published again.
    Labyrinth Walk is all over right now. I saw the 1st one a Trends a few years ago. Our Fair is this week! Glad you got some Pretty Ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you, and happy to know you. =) That Labyrinth looks like it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cool to be published.....your quilts are so pretty... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete