Friday, December 29, 2017

I Wish you a Merry Season of the Stars

My participation in the #iwishyouamerryqal is complete. Here is my final post as part of the QAL and I’m linking up to other finished tops. I’ll get it quilted at some point, but as the season is done for now, it will just be nice to get it done in time before next year.

When I was about 2/3rds through I was able to more carefully select backgrounds that would work to make a setting that I felt provided contrast and visual aesthetic.

Adding a 1" finished sashing and friendship star cornerstones added to the 'lights' in some of the blocks. The beautiful #islandbatik fabrics used just made everything pop, so, I'm going to call it Stars of the Season.



It has been fun! Thank you Designers!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for quilting along with us! Your quilt is wonderful. I love the stars in the sashing...and your title is perfect--Stars of the Season!

    ReplyDelete