Thursday, December 7, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Part 2 Mystery and other WIPs


Just in the nick of time I'm getting this Part 2 at least tested and posted! #quiltvillemystery #onringolakequilt

Found some fabrics in the 'coral' / 'salmon' family that I think will work in both quality quilting cottons and batiks (#islandbatik).




Although it isn't one of the methods that Bonnie shared, likely because it doesn't fit her scrap size system, I used the 'magic' method that I love the best for making flying geese (also taught in my co-authored book, You Can Quilt! which I'm about to teach from in January, so this was just a perfect example of it). Since my scraps aren't that organized, it works great!


Here is the flying geese added in batiks and .............. in the quality quilting cottons with the Part 1 nine-patch.


Just been a bit busy this week, finishing up the first 3 chapters of my co-authored book, You Can Quilt! which I'm doing along side my class that I'm teaching in Grand Coulee, WA. So, this represents the first 3 chapters. I'm thinking it will make a great little table topper. Maybe a scrappy piano key border would just finish it off. What do you think? I might still move the 'dark' blocks around a bit, but am happy with the placement of the white background blocks.


I've also been working on the "I Wish You A Merry QAL" that has just wrapped up. I'm not exactly set on the 'string of lights' but maybe a single strand, will think about it for a day or so and then want to wrap up this quilt. I've got some ideas for uniting it all together, but think this placement will be basically what I'll do. Sashings with special cornerstone treatments and a final border will probably wrap it up.  #iwishyouamerryqal

And look what arrived as prizes for our North Central Washington Quilt Quest - a stash caching concept. Check it out at izi.travel! The last day to get my shop stop in is Dec. 15 ...I'll then be closed for the rest of the holiday season, reopening January 2. These are AWESOME #aurifil prizes!!



http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/12/mystery-sunday-link-up-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment