Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP

Completed
Zoe---'Summer School' --for a great review and some lessons learned, check out this blogpost.

2012 Finish #7
















Progress
  • Skill Builder Sampler Block #6, 7, 21






I've put the first 6 together with the sashing that I have come up with. Carefully fussy cut both the sashing and cornerstones. Hoping for creating the effect of rivets (they are buttons printed on the fabric for the sashing) and a square washer at the cornerstones in red with a grey center.

  • McCall's Mystery - Part 2 (both versions), it might be a couple of months before we get instructions for part 3 which should include the final assembly.





















  • EQ7 BOM layout, today is piecing day! Can't reveal this until March 1
Also awaiting quilting:
  • Charmed Network v.2 - Eva
  • WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
'Til Next Time
  • Oddie's Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
  • Alaska's 2007 Shop Hop (block 1 is done....next up in February)
  • Out of the Darkness (block 1 is done...next up in February)
  • Rose of Sharon Bird Block (hoping for a finish within February)
  • Snowflake/Blizzard Quilt
  • Irena Bluhm coloring samples

2012 STATS
Completed: 7
In Progress: 11
To start: 3 (Peace Park, Shop Hop the Blues 2007 & 2009)

Are you going to Ireland in June? New pricing available for the 'tour' only, i.e. do you have miles you can use to get there? Join me!! Pay by check by March 7 and get a 3% discount.

More WIPs at the linkup on Lee's Freshly Pieced blog. Happy WIPping ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with so many projects going at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skill builder sampler looks awesome. I love the fabrics. I used the Rosie fabrics for a couple wall hangings a couple years ago. They hang in my office and sewing rooms, inspiring me to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just awarded you with the versatile quilters award here
    http://beaquilter.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marlene - I chose you as one of my recipients for the Versatile Blogger Award. I see it's not the first one, so you're getting a great two-for-one deal!! ;D http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2012/02/loving-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete