Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Progress on my Skill Builder Sampler is about all I can talk about right now. Focusing on it to try to finish it up.

#25-30 blogged about on Monday along with another progress piece.

#31 and 32. -- set in seams and hexies were the skills to be learned.

The set-in seams went ok. Tried to color this as a sunflower. Wish my stem had stayed right at the center, but I decided I didn't want to take it out. I could always use a fabric pen and color the last bit to the red petal! ;-)

My first hexies, not too bad.  Definitely a new skill for me since I had to learn how to stitch them together as well as make them using the templates and basting, etc.  Used a blanket stitch to apply them to the background. Would any of you now remove the background behind the hexies?



 Four more blocks to go, sashings for the last 12, a printed center surprise, final assembly and a border!


Ready to Quilt
  • McCall's Mystery - Spring Time
  • McCall's Mystery - Hot Jazz
  • Rose of Sharon Bird Block Wallhanging
  • Irena Bluhm - colored pencil class project
  • WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
No Progress
  • Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness -- ready to do Block #7
  • Working with What You've Got (embroidery work has been ordered!)
  • Roman Stripes
  • Alaska 2007 Shop Hop
  • Honeymoon Storm at Sea
  • Oddie’s Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
  • Snowflake BOM win/Blizzard quilt

2012 WIP Stats:
Completed: 12
In Progress: 13

Check out other WIP's at Freshly Pieced.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I have to do my first hexies this month, too, as the Dear Jane corner I now have fabric for is full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have lots to keep you busy but you made great progress on the Skill Builder Sampler! Mine is in deep hibernation...I think I've got pieces cut for #10 and 11. I wouldn't worry about the stem being off center; I only noticed because you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete