#25-30 blogged about on Monday along with another progress piece.
#31 and 32. -- set in seams and hexies were the skills to be learned.
The set-in seams went ok. Tried to color this as a sunflower. Wish my stem had stayed right at the center, but I decided I didn't want to take it out. I could always use a fabric pen and color the last bit to the red petal! ;-)
My first hexies, not too bad. Definitely a new skill for me since I had to learn how to stitch them together as well as make them using the templates and basting, etc. Used a blanket stitch to apply them to the background. Would any of you now remove the background behind the hexies?
Four more blocks to go, sashings for the last 12, a printed center surprise, final assembly and a border!
Ready to Quilt
- McCall's Mystery - Spring Time
- McCall's Mystery - Hot Jazz
- Rose of Sharon Bird Block Wallhanging
- Irena Bluhm - colored pencil class project
- WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
- Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness -- ready to do Block #7
- Working with What You've Got (embroidery work has been ordered!)
- Roman Stripes
- Alaska 2007 Shop Hop
- Honeymoon Storm at Sea
- Oddie’s Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
- Snowflake BOM win/Blizzard quilt
2012 WIP Stats:
In Progress: 13
Check out other WIP's at Freshly Pieced.