Olympic Rings - a write-up about the inspiration (my grandfather's olympic journey) and details about the quilting are in an earlier post.
- After completing a year of being the co-chair of the Walla Walla Valley Quilt Guild (back in 2009), some members made 'thank you' blocks. I decided to utilize our logo and design the use of these blocks into a quilt that represents the logo. That same year, I got married, and members also contributed fat quarters into a basket and it was presented to me as a gift from them all. Very thoughtful. I have also incorporated at least one piece from each fat quarter into the quilt.
I didn't have this on my project to do this year, but it was just sitting there one night and I thought, this can't be too hard to put together. I got quite a few rows done one night, and then finished up the 'center' of the quilt on a Sunday.
It still needs the borders..some are pieced, with more sig blocks, and one border will have embroidery work too. But I am pleased to have the center done.
- As part of my Fearless Design small group, the latest project was a swap of roman stripe blocks. Two of the members gave me their collections as well, so I could have ended up with 21 x 16 - 3" finished blocks. There might have been one or two sets I didn't get, but this is what I've got up on the design wall at the moment.
Ready to Quilt
- McCall's Mystery - Spring Time
- McCall's Mystery - Hot Jazz
- Rose of Sharon Bird Block Wallhanging
- Irena Bluhm - colored pencil class project
- WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
- Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness -- ready to do Block #7
- Skill Builder Sampler
- Honeymoon Storm at Sea
- Oddie’s Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
- Snowflake BOM win/Blizzard quilt
2012 WIP Stats:
In Progress: 13