Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP

Completed

Olympic Rings  - a write-up about the inspiration (my grandfather's olympic journey) and details about the quilting are in an earlier post.


Started

  • After completing a year of being the co-chair of the Walla Walla Valley Quilt Guild (back in 2009), some members made 'thank you' blocks. I decided to utilize our logo and design the use of these blocks into a quilt that represents the logo. That same year, I got married, and members also contributed fat quarters into a basket and it was presented to me as a gift from them all. Very thoughtful. I have also incorporated at least one piece from each fat quarter into the quilt.

I didn't have this on my project to do this year, but it was just sitting there one night and I thought, this can't be too hard to put together. I got quite a few rows done one night, and then finished up the 'center' of the quilt on a Sunday.

It still needs the borders..some are pieced, with more sig blocks, and one border will have embroidery work too. But I am pleased to have the center done.


  • As part of my Fearless Design small group, the latest project was a swap of roman stripe blocks. Two of the members gave me their collections as well, so I could have ended up with 21 x 16 - 3" finished blocks. There might have been one or two sets I didn't get, but this is what I've got up on the design wall at the moment.

Progress

  • Alaska 2007 Shop Hop (up to date through August)



  • Ready to Quilt
    • McCall's Mystery - Spring Time
    • McCall's Mystery - Hot Jazz 
    • Rose of Sharon Bird Block Wallhanging
    • Irena Bluhm - colored pencil class project
    • WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM
    No Progress
    • Pam Bono's Out of the Darkness -- ready to do Block #7
    • Skill Builder Sampler
    • Honeymoon Storm at Sea
    • Oddie’s Wild Nature (O.W.N.)
    • Snowflake BOM win/Blizzard quilt

    2012 WIP Stats:
    Completed: 12
    In Progress: 13

    2 comments:

    1. Marlene - It just blew me away when you showed the finished Olympics quilt on Facebook. It is still STUNNING, STUNNING, STUNNING.!! The quilting is amazing and turned a fun olympics rings top into a full-blown masterpiece that deserves its own gold medal.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Stunning quilting!!! Thanks for linking up.

      ReplyDelete