Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP

If you saw my Monday Design Wall...then you're back to see what happened!  Thank you to all who gave constructive feedback. I took it all under advisement and did more research as well. Are you familiar with Virginia Greaves work? She has done quite a few portrait type quilts and so I studied them this week and even reached out to her and she was kind enough to provide me with suggestions and advice.



wdyt?

I haven't taken it off the quilting table as of this morning. I was given the suggestion to quilt the shirt a bit more just to keep the density a bit more consistent. So might figure that out later today.























Here is the entire top without any quilting, but wanted you to see it in context. Everything else has been quilted, I am now just trying to finish up the centerpiece. Detailed photos of the block quilting were previously posted.

The poster is available on fabric at spoonflower.com. I've put together a repeating yard that has various sizes of the poster within the single yard. Put any number or type of blocks together with it and you've got a great wall hanging to inspire you or a full quilt. I think instead of a butterfly in the lower right, an 'airplane' block would be fantastic!

I'll be working on putting a starter kit together which would include the poster and a few critical skill building blocks with finishing instructions for several options. Let me know if you'd like to hear about it when it is ready.

Studio update--insulation going in between the new 'level' floor joists!

3 comments: