Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP

Lots completed the past 2 weeks since the last WIP linkup (glad to have the 2nd week ;-))!!!! Don't feel I have much to show for it, but this week will also be productive, so check back next week t
NEW  (2) :
  • Progress is beginning on my McCall's FINAL challenge! YEAH!!!! Sorry no pictures until Oct. 19 WIP...I'll probably post an entry on my blog by Oct. 18 of the process. Voting will begin late on the 17th. Thanks so much for keeping up with this and getting the vote out. Your vote and comments on the entry will be very important in this final round!
  • Our Fearless Design group has decided to use the assignment in Ch. 9 as a charity project. Make 4 blocks exactly the same, then border them all differently. We'll then make them into placemats and donate them to our local Senior Center for their craft sale. Here are some of my Accuquilt die cut hearts.
COMPLETED (2):
Very excited to get these finished amongst other non-quilting demands for my time over the past couple of weeks. Just glad I'm physically feeling better so that I have some energy.
  • INMQ Challenge --no photos until WIP - Oct. 12; was shown at the INMQ meeting last Saturday and will be at the Washington State Quilter's Show in Spokane, WA Oct. 14-16.
  • My Garden, adapted from Jinny's Garden - Jinny Beyer's 2010 BOM. My mother's version (with my quilting) got a 2nd place People's Choice ribbon at the Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival two weekends ago. Wondering if I should submit mine to HMQS next year? I need to read the guidelines and see if this 'made for my bed' quilt fits an appropriate category.
So, I now have In Progress: 11
  • 1892 Rondure - McCall's Quilt Design Star Challenge #1 - accepted into MQX West, Portland, Oct. 19-23. -- almost quilted!
Check out the curved cross-hatching on the beams!  I have absolutely loved using the Pilot Frixion gel pen. The ink disappears when heat is applied. It will reappear at 14 degrees F. It has been incredibly helpful in the quilting design process on this project. I have used 4 different curves due to the sizing of each block to get this affect.

  • EQ7 2011 BOM- on track (9 blocks - photo at right)

Awaiting Attention:
  • Lonestar wall hanging - missed the deadline that I was trying to hit....so we'll see when I get back to this idea
  • Oddie's Wild Nature
  • One-fabric re-pieced table cloth - target October --am wondering if this is ready to quilt. Need to get it out and look at it.

Completed Tops awaiting Quilting
  • Pulsed Illumination - McCall's Quilt Design Star Challenge #2 - accepted into MQX West, Portland, Oct. 19-23
  • 2006 Basket BOM
  • Tulip wall hanging --this is a redo of the quilting - target November
  • Colorwash Heart Duvet Cover -- this is to salvage an old duvet - target December


Completed (TOTAL: 9)

  • My Garden, adapted from Jinny Beyer's 2010 BOM - Jinny's Garden
  • INMQ Challenge 2011
  • Starlight-Flutterbright - designed for Highland Quilts, Athena, OR
  • View from the old cellar - SOLD
  • Supernova - on display @ Patit Creek Cellars, Walla Walla, WA
  • Psychedelic America - on display @ Patit Creek Cellars, Walla Walla, WA
  • WWU baby - star theme - given to Becky St. Clair's daughter
  • WWU baby - spring theme - given to Donny Veverka's daughter
  • My First Journey - commission for Teacher Tammy's twin granddaughters

Ireland!! Deadline extended to Nov. 1 for full-payment discount. Join me on a fabulous adventure in Ireland, June 5-15, 2012.

Thanks for stopping by....more WIP's linked @ Freshly Pieced.




4 comments:

  1. Your My Garden is gorgeous! Congrats on your progress! I'm trying to get around to everyone that linked to WIP Wednesday! So much inspiration! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete