It's that time of year when I normally participate in a Row-along hosted by Marian Pena (Seams to be Sew). Sadly she passed away earlier this year, so in her honor some of us are still gathering virtually to carry on the tradition. The selected theme had already been decided - Seaside Adventure - and it goes along with her passions for a thriving Ocean. Thanks to Melissa (Quilting Room w/Mel) for taking the torch and leading out.
Monday, September 6, 2021
Saturday, February 6, 2021
Excited to share with you the launch of a new app that allows you to color subscribing designer's patterns in your own colorway before you ever even make the quilt!
Designers use a variety of software tools to create quilt concepts, write their patterns, etc. But just imagine the ease of a simple app on your device of choice that will let you image your own colorway of a quilt before you make it!
I'm the featured designer today at Quilt Ink! I hope you'll jump over to the application and check it out! Color in the designs in your own style, save them to your own computer or click on the link for each design to purchase the pattern from the respective designer. Here are a few screen shots to show you how my designs look on it.
Here is my Starlight Flutterbright design.
I've also put up Zoe --the popular baby quilt. I've included a few photos of quilts using this design.
And Rondure --how exciting to be able to color a Rondure, right? I do this for pattern purchasers using my design software, but now you can do it on your own until you have just the right color combination that you want before ever cutting or even buying the fabric. This was my round 1 entry in the McCalls Quilt Design Star challenge. We were given two blocks and this is how I used them --skewed on the golden ratio.
So, how about checking it out? ...be sure to register on the quiltink app (no fee) so you can save your designs and come back to them in the future. Please leave a comment below on your thoughts about the app and if you would like me to add any other of my designs to the app. Links here to check out all of my: Printed Patterns, Digital Downloads, Kits
SPECIAL GIVEAWAY: Please purchase patterns you'd love to make! If you purchase any patterns of mine (one entry per pattern purchased), you will be entered into a drawing for an additional pattern of mine of your choice. In your check-out note 'QUILTINK'. All purchases must be made by February 15, 2021.
If you missed the opening day, be sure to read the creator's blog post about the app and the giveaway that will be happening on Instagram.
Here are the Launch blog hop participants and links to their blogs.
February 2: App owner and initial launch: Catalina at Amarar Creacions
February 3: Claire Campion from Made Just Sew
Friday, January 1, 2021
Here is my annual year in review for 2020
All fabrics available!
Pieceful Stars- Kit w/pattern available. Templates sold separately.
2. A Poinsettia Winter - a design and fabrics from In the Beginning. Most fabrics available here.
2. Memory Quilt on hold by client (not pictured - concepts awaiting approval)
OLD LIST, once upon a time was publicly listed as 'next items' but never got started and there are too many piles of fabric destined as possible projects to list here ;-)...ha!:
- Peace Park
- Snowflake/blizzard --except that I used some of the snowflakes as inspiration for the Cool Penguin design and in my "Protection from the Storm" several years ago
- 2007 Shop Hop the Blues - bow ties?
- 2009 Shop Hop the Blues - fall leaves?
- OWN - next up are 2 large blocks
- Metro Rings --I was able to make a decision on the QSTs, so they will be different and pieced some units together.
- Lucky Pot of Gold or Ode to Ireland (a Mi Amore shamrock version) applique still to add.
- Train set - with IB Sea Salt Sandy and some other background -- an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger. #Accuquilt dies (rentable in the classroom) were used to cut these.
- Little cars - with IB Fire Island -- an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger. #Accuquilt die (rentable in the classroom) was used to cut these.
- Umbrellas -- an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger. #Accuquilt die (rentable in the classroom) was used to cut these.
- Raindrops --an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger.
- Road trip 2016 - Home Sweet Home - quilted and bound. Need to finish embellishments
2017 WIP List
- Lone Star piecing (2009 class w/Eddie Walker) --thinking by hand quilt
- Alletaire --2015 Bonnie Hunter Quiltville Mystery
- 2016 North Central Washington Shop Hop - Come Fall into Love
- Labyrinth for Duncan
- Four Patch Flip- a spring result, but has been sitting there waiting for me to work on it. - now ready to quilt! Finished Piecing - 4/12/18
- Electric City - a new 1892 Rondure version, stalled in 2015 --most got going in March 2017, still needed to do 3rd round. 3rd round completed May 2018. Borders added October 2018.
- Baskets - WW Valley Quilt Guild 2006 BOM (pictured years ago! and my quilting designs for it continue to evolve)
Joint Projects (ready to quilt)
- Cool Penguin, partly pieced by Julie Tapley - Country Register Pattern Sample (or add snowflakes?)
- Inverted Rondure - Nancy Cargo
- Camouflage Canopy (waiting for tester to return it)
- DJ/MBA t-shirt COMPLETED
- Barb Kelton's pieced Emerald
- Row by Row 2018 Junior version - Piano Keys and made leftovers -- gave to mom
- Humpty Dumpty's Wall --designed by me; pieced by Betty Baerg - INCORPORATED INTO GARDEN PARTY COLLABORATION QUILT - Ready to Quilt
- QOV - completed but no pics available
Completed: 16 + 2 joint projects [14 quilted items] Note 1 completed project was 12 placemats!
Started the year (2020) with WIP: 23 + 7 joint projects
Ended 2020 with WIP: 25 + 6 joint projects --note: 7 + 3 JPs just need to be quilted!!
TOTAL: 84 quiltings