Today was a special Monday. Odessa, WA is about 1 hour from where I live and they put on an annual event called "Quilt 'til You Wilt". It runs from 6am until 10pm ...or until the final person wilts!
It is a great event and I always enjoy reconnecting with quilting friends that I only get to see occasionally.
I took two projects to work on and got all the stitching done on both of them. It was the sub-assemblies using pre-cuts for future Island Batik Ambassador challenges.
One is using the Lake Life
collection 'stamps' (5" squares) and the other is using Glowing Embers
collection 'stack' (10" squares).
This Friday I'm hosting a pre-cuts class. Choose your pre-cut and I'll help you select a pattern and work through it. Several years ago I hosted a class 'Any Turning Twenty' ....and it was a super fun challenge for me to be running around the room keeping track of everybody and their particular pattern and fabric selections (scrappy or set fabrics). So, I'll talk through what I've done with two pre-cuts that I chose and got the blocks pieced today. yeah!!
Here is a possible setting for the 5" squares from Lake Life
. I added background fabric along one side, and then another along an adjoining side and have just kind of put them on the wall.
I'm taking inspiration from Heather at Craftingdotdotdot.BlogSpot.com
from back in 2012 when she did her Chrysalis quilt. I was working on a commission at the time with the Chrysalis fabrics and found it and saved it for inspiration some day. This seemed like just the right time to give it a go.
I will continue to play with the placement and might add some more blocks. I have some leftover yardage from my Lake Life Zig Zag quilt (free PDF download Zig Zags at the Lake
). that will give me more charms if I choose to add to this.
The 10" squares from Glowing Embers
were made into HSTs (8 at a time). This pile will make their way to the design wall on Friday where we'll play with them until we like the placement.
This last week I did make progress on the commission. But the expected need date by the client has been greatly extended, so not such an urgent project right now. I got all 12 blocks completed and started to add the setting triangles in denim. The center 4 of the 2nd row are all sewn together.