If it says 'available' it means a pattern is available via http://www.kissedquilts.com/shop-online.htm or physically in my shop in Grand Coulee, WA unless otherwise stated. Either way...I hope if you're interested you'll consider purchasing. This is mostly written for my own documentation and to inspire you. Thank you for reading!
Sometimes you get the opportunity to see a customer quilt that you put special stitches into since it was made in honor of a 125 year celebration of a school and it raised funds and ultimately was given to the retiring principal who passed away within a month of being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at the end of 2017. I made it a mission to work with his wife to get the quilt hung in their home where she had always wanted it. I was pretty excited when we made this 'floating hanger' concept into a reality.
This one was a commission a couple of years ago and the client's daughter added the skirt and made valences for the windows. She loves it ...and that makes me happy!
OFFICIALLY REVEALED in 2018 but was finished in prior years
* Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog - Inspired by Elvis, but mindful of its origin --now available as part of a traveling exhibit "Inspired by Elvis" and in print, published by Schiffer Publishing.
*Cusco Alley - pattern available - released at Spring Quilt Market
*Spirit Butterfly - pattern available - released at Spring Quilt Market
NEW - 2018
#1 - City Shadows - pattern available
#2 - Well Done - (design is checkmark version of the pattern by Susie Weaver - Two Fabric Bargello) - kits with pattern available
#3 - Sea Dance - pattern available - released at Fall Quilt Market
#4 - Row by Row - Dark Side of the Moon - digital pattern available or kits while supplies last
#8 QOV-Eagle - & #9 QOV-Mt Rushmore
These are 'brother' quilts that developed as part of the Quilts of Valor Stars Facebook Group Panel Challenge. The fun aspect of this is that in making the 'Boston' blocks, you easily get two settings at the same time. so, these borders are now available as kits (meaning without the panels--use any patriotic panel) -- one set of fabric yields 2 border sets.
#10 - A Fairy Christmas Topper Nov. 23
When asked to design a tree skirt or table topper for a local client ...I needed to test out the directions and went looking for some elements in my stash. I found these leftover pieces of fairies and poinsettias which always make me think of a dear friend from my childhood and high school. I figured out a way to make the concept with the fabrics and found the rest in my shop. What a fun thing to put together and surprise my friend with something new for her Christmas time decorating.
#11 and #12- (2) Rugs Nov and Dec. #13 (Mug Rug to match using leftover HSTs from joining the jelly roll to make rug #2). We're doing a class to make this rug on Feb. 1, 2019.
#14-18 (4) Phone Charging Caddies from rug #1 leftovers and a bit of extra fabric Dec. Previously made one to test the Warm Company's Fusible product. These grommets in a variety of colors are available in the shop. Newsprint fabric is also available.
#19 - Peppermint Patty Dec 22 -- Did this as a class and enjoyed finding fabrics in my stash to make this a bit scrappy. As a result you'll see something in 2019 that got resurrected out of my stash and will get finished!
*Bonnie Hunter Quiltville On Ringo Lake
1/16/18 - completed piecing the top.
3/22/18 - Quilted
4/3/18 - Bound
Delivered to our guardian angel - 5/2018
Fabrics available, Pattern available
quilted/finished 2018 - KIT and pattern available -- "B-eautiful Bee-attitudes"
*Ribbon Box quilt (v2) - finished Nov 2018 -- "Custom Ribbon Box"
Fall Wallhanging ...The pumpkin block was traded in an orphan block exchange as part of the Walla Walla Valley Quilt Guild ...many years ago. The corn block was a block lotto also with WWVQG many years ago ...and no one else made it so I got my own block back ....for which I was very excited as I love this block. The leaves were made as a wrong size for a commission, so I threw them into this fall grouping. The pilgrim's hat is a self-drawn foundation paper design and an EQ tutorial here on my blog. The turkey is foundation pieced from a book and I fussy cut the feather pieces. I got the top put together last year and finally got to the quilting this year. At my local county fair it won a Special Award Ribbon.
Joint Projects Completed
Joint Secret Project w/Verlie Ward - Kaffe Fassett fabric, my Boondoggle Butterfly design. Pattern available as "Spirit Butterfly".
- *I know the plans....a joint project inspired at Camp MiVoden, 2017 KISSed Quilts' retreat. Kit with one fabric change in the background and pattern available. Thank you Bruce Christensen for faciliting the reality of using this Camp space for quilting retreats!
- While at retreat in 2018, Highland Quilts in Athena, OR sponsored fabric kits for the Puzzle Box design. All tops made at retreat were donated to the Bags of Love program out of their shop. This is the one that I put together.
- Happy Place RAL - Monterey Bay
This row pattern is available. Kits are now sold out, but some of the fabric yardage is still available.
I gave it to my mom to then incorporate into a quilt which will be auctioned off to raise funds for roadways at Monterey Bay Academy in memory of my dad.
- QOV - TT - Sub - Working with one of my teenage students, I encouraged her to do more than just the skill builder class and work on a complete quilt. Donating the fabrics and suggesting a design using the Turning Twenty pattern, we combined a couple of different collections of fabric to create a Quilt of Valor for a veteran who worked on nuclear subs. I then quilted (Twister panto) it and fussy cut the binding for her to finish. This will be presented at a future time.
- Tahoe by Cluck Cluck Sew (pattern) and fabrics by 3wishes -Kohana I convinced my mom to put together this store sample some time ago and I finally got it quilted. It uses the 3wishes fabrics and two Toscana fabrics for the background and setting diamonds and binding. This one I quilted using a Quills panto, wool batting and a flannel backing and finishes about 48" x 60". This is a fat quarter friendly design and can easily be made into a variety of sizes. Let me know what size you'd like and I'd be happy to put a kit together for you.
365 block challenge --- I kept up pretty good through May and then that was it. Maybe I can get back to it in 2019 and finish it up. At least I have all the blocks designs now and can continue my 2ndary design coloration plans before I proceed. Kathryn Kerr is hosting this again from Australia.
Rows I'm making to create a 2018 'Sew Musical' quilt
2017 WIP List
*2017 RxR - It's all about the Journey Row from Colorado Springs, CO
*2017 RxR - Quilted Posies, Spokane, WA
*2017 RxR - paper airplanes (done 7/2018)
*Alletaire --2015 BHQuiltville mystery Step 2 progress
1/9/18 - completed step 2
1/11/18 - part of step 3
1/30 - step 3
2/1 - started cutting step 4 and confirmed my decision to make it a larger quilt, so started cutting the additional parts for steps 1-4.
finished Lone Star piecing (note : resurrected from a 2009 class w/Eddie Walker)
Ready to Quilt from 2016 list
- A Ticket in Hand - with borders added.
- Road trip 2016
- 2016 North Central Washington Shop Hop - Come Fall into Love
- Four Patch Flip- a spring result, but has been sitting there waiting for me to work on it. - now ready to quilt!
Finished Piecing - 4/12/18
- Electric City - a new 1892 Rondure version, stalled in 2015 --most got going in March 2017, still needed to do 3rd round. 3rd round completed May 2018. Borders added October 2018.
- Baskets - WW Valley Quilt Guild 2006 BOM (pictured years ago! and my quilting designs for it continue to evolve)
Joint Projects (ready to quilt)
- Cool Penguin, partly pieced by Julie Tapley - Country Register Pattern Sample
- Quilter's Fruit Loop --2015 Shop Hop sample (pieced by Nancy Cargo -- re-did grass/fencing sections due to a pattern difference from the original image); finished applique of kites and grass borders 10/17
- Inverted Rondure - Nancy Cargo
- Camouflage Canopy (waiting for tester to return it)
Out of the Darkness - Pam Bono --maybe one more block, then center and borders
OLD LIST, once upon a time was publicly listed as 'next items' but never got started and there are too many piles of fabric destined as possible projects to list here ;-)...ha!:
- Peace Park
- Snowflake/blizzard --except that I used some of the snowflakes as inspiration for the Cool Penguin design and in my "Protection from the Storm" several years ago
- 2007 Shop Hop the Blues - bow ties?
- 2009 Shop Hop the Blues - fall leaves?
- OWN - did Pine Needles in early 2017; next up are 2 large blocks
- Metro Rings --I was able to make a decision on the QSTs, so they will be different.
- French Braid
- Dogwood Limb (EQ Seasons RAL)
--to quilt or expand ??
- Lucky Pot of Gold or Ode to Ireland (a Mi Amore shamrock version) applique still to add.
- Train set - with IB Sea Salt Sandy and some other background -- an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger. #Accuquilt dies (rentable in the classroom) were used to cut these.
- Little cars - with IB Fire Island -- an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger. #Accuquilt die (rentable in the classroom) was used to cut these.
- Umbrellas -- an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger. #Accuquilt die (rentable in the classroom) was used to cut these.
- Raindrops --an IBA challenge that I want to incorporate into something bigger.
- 2015 Row by Row - my own Columbia River story version --several rows have been made, but alas they are sitting waiting for more attention!
to do: Spokane Quilting Bee and one from Canada, besides another of my own.
Completed: 23 + 2 non quilted items + 5 joint projects
Started the year (2018) with WIP: 30 + 5 joint projects
New end of year 2018 WIP: 4
Ended 2018 with WIP: 27 + 3 joint projects --lots that just need to be quilted!!
Note: projects for others, I quilted 58. All were hand guided, some were also bound and some were for charity.
TOTAL: 86!! quiltings Which means I did slow down a bit in 2018 ....perhaps out of necessity due to my dad's passing, but in reality ... I needed it for my own health.
- 5 of the quilts to be quilted;
- 1 of the QOV joint projects;
- 2 of the piecing projects were finshed and
- 3 are now ready to be quilted.
- Of my 'new ideas' for 2018, I got one completed, another almost half, and the other barely started.
- And for the most part all the other plans actually happened!
So...what's up for 2019? ....balance!