Monday, June 20, 2011

Design Wall / BOM's Away Monday - June 20

Time is a ticking...tick-tock, tick-tock...just a few days left in the McCalls Design Challenge #1...I'm still working on the top and look forward to sharing more about it when we are permitted. I will post a link on this blog for you to vote for my quilt when it is ready. Voting begins late Friday night, June 24--My birthday! I'll happily accept your vote, daily on all available devices, as a birthday present!! :-) Thank you so much!

Meanwhile, last week I did get more blocks framed on my Jinny's Garden BOM. But that was it.

My mom finished her top which fits nicely on their California King size bed. She opted not to put the small and outer border at the top of the quilt since it is covered by pillows--this also makes it easier for me to quilt it on my 'small' 10' table. The combination of colors and especially the borders give it a very royal almost middle eastern feel. Good mirrored miters on all of them too! So proud of my mom! You need to realize this is only her 3rd quilt of significance. She has made many small charity quilts, but this is the 3rd for herself.


Check out other Design Walls indexed @ Patchwork Times and BOM's Away Monday indexed @ What a Hoot.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for linking up. :) Your mom's quilt looks terrific! I love the framing on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Your work is spectacular! I like how the pinks and purples shine in the black background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous - love the setting and borders. Truely a heritage keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! that is just gorgeous. I love the colors and the borders are amazing.

    ReplyDelete