Monday, July 25, 2011

Design Wall / BOM's Away Monday - July 25

So fun to be getting a few things done!
Besides working on my McCall's Quilt Design Star Challenge #2 ......

Highland Quilt's owner, Elaine Shaw designed this fan quilt inspired from a photo she saw in a magazine and taking a 'drunkard's path' class. I felt it really needed something in the center, so when she had me quilt it I quilted the motif of the fabric on a HUGE scale in the center fabric block. Then I suggested she paint the motif! She finally decided she just didn't have time and asked if I'd go for it!

Well, if you've been following me, you know I got Shiva Paintsticks @ Spring Market 2011 and need to get moving on this and see if it can be juried into the MQX show in Portland this fall. So, I finally got a bit of time to work on this and here is the progress.

Today I've been working on Jinny's Garden - Jinny Beyer's 2010 BOM and got the sashings made, next the cornerstones!

Come back for WIP Wednesday and I intend to have the painting done and crystals started on another quilt!

More Design Walls at Judy's and BOM's Away indexed at WhataHoot

1 comment:

  1. oooo! What a neat effect with the macro motif and painting! Love the sashing - it adds a lot to the BOM quilt. THanks for linking up at BOMs AWAY :D

    ReplyDelete