Monday, March 5, 2012

Design Wall / BOM's Away Monday

Here is the progress on my EQ 2011 BOM ....now named 'Spinner'.

The exciting news is that the layout contest wrapped last week, and I WON!!!!!




Still working on the continuous two-color prairie point piped binding....but I hope it will look something like this. Wondering if I should make the prairie points bigger. wdyt?



Also wondering about the brightness of the piping, I'd like a pop, but everything else is fairly subdued in the quilt except for a few pops in the 'flags' which are the BOM blocks.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some advice if you have an opinion!

More Design Walls @ Judy's and BOM's Away progress at Lyn's.

5 comments:

  1. WOW - CONGRATS MARLENE!!!!
    I just saw it in my EQ Newsletter and - I swear! - just by glancing at a quilt and NOT seeing the names, my first thought was "this looks like Marlene's work..." - and IT WAS YOU!!! Creative and innovative setting - it has to be you! :)
    I just LOVE the quilting, you are really an artist!
    Hard to say about the size of prairie points (weather you want them bigger), I am not sure how big are they? I was going to suggest they be about the size of the units in your blocks...But now looking carefully in the photo - it seems that your prairie points are about the size of that Flying Geese unit in the block that is between light and medium purple blade? If so, I think that is a good size! - an elegant and different edge, but not taking over from everything else. I do love the bright green for piping - maybe it would "disappear" if it was any other, less bright color?
    What an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Marija on the size and piping color (assuming I'm seeing a good representation on this monitor), especially against the background areas - it'll need that pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got their newsletter and wanted to say congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is spectacular! I started the BOM, then had computer problems and never got back to it when I got the computer back. Not in my wildest dreams could I have come up with a design such as yours. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete