I can finally show you a full shot of my QR logo'd code (Finish #5). I incorporated my KISSed Quilts logo into the QR code (you have to look very closely). Keeping the value of the burgundy and black were important in order to maintain the integrity of the QR code. Try it! Your phone w/a QR app should be able to read it.
Client quilt tops are getting quilted!
Here is one I'm working on this week:
Another Glacier Star, this one has extended borders. I've done one (without the extended borders) that was destined for a wall hanging, but this one is destined to be used on a bed, so they don't want the quilting to be too dense and we're using warm & natural batting, so there won't be a lot of 'puff'. In the busy fabric areas, you can't see the quilting very well. Tomorrow I hope to finish up by quilting in the cream background areas--you'll see the quilting there for sure!
A couple of fun things involving this particular job.
Got to try Aurifl's new tri-poly. Love the collapsible bottom that holds the thread! Really cool.
Also discovered that a few of my rulers really helped in doing the ditch work in the curved sections.
Thes Linda Mae's Rays from Gadget Girls and a couple of curved cross-hatching rulers from Lakeside Quilt Company. www.lovetoquilt.com
- Christmas Friendship Star ...wanna at least get this top pieced
- Lonestar - Aug. target
- Storm at Sea - Aug. target
- Fall Wallhanging - Sept. target
- Alaska 2007 Shop Hop - Oct. target
- Pam Bono - making more blocks target in Nov.
- Oddie's Wild Nature - making more blocks target in Dec.
Ready to Quilt:
- WWVQG 2006 Basket BOM (still considering quilting design ideas)
- Colorwash Heart (pulling out a very early piecing job made into a duvet that I now believe my skills can deliver the desired quilting result and would make a lovely piece for our new guest room.)
Small whole-cloth for the INMQ challenge to be displayed in October at the WSQ show.
A couple of commissions and maybe something for our new to us home too.
Need to develop a teaching schedule for the fall.
Enjoy other WIPs! and mid-month progress reports (2013 Finishes). See buttons on the right to click through to them.