Monday, February 13, 2017

Design Wall Monday - New IBA Challenge


I am continuing as an Island Batik Ambassador this year and we've kicked off our season with a special bonus challenge this month. The main challenge I'll talk about next week.

Did you know today is 'Galentines' Day ..that's right...a day to show your women friends that you care! Gal...entines! get it?? #iheartislandbatik #islandbatik  So, to get us in the mood, here is a quick postcard that I put together with some leftovers from my bigger project. After putting it in a clear sleeve to protect it in the 'machines', I sent it like a regular letter with the stamp on the outside.




and tomorrow is Valentines Day...and a very special 8 year wedding anniversary for me as well!










With my bigger project, I wanted to use this gorgeous Valentine bundle that Island Batik sent in our new boxes.

Elizabeth P. also gave us some inspiration, and one I just couldn't pass up.

RaNae Merrill designed heart.



 
I had to add one more value in order for this design to work. Fortunately there was a stripe of white in another bundle and that just seemed to work perfectly. 













I made an extra copy as instructed and cut out the pieces and organized them by value, this allowed me to see about how much fabric I would need (2x one for each half of the heart).









 
  I've got the paper piecing done (Final trim not done...and now need to decide what to do with it. It is about 11" tall. Any ideas?
 




I did finish up my placemats!! 2 year UFO!!



Also on my design wall today are more Island Batik fabrics ...this an In Memory or Memorial Garden 'test' needing a few bits of help so have re-cut the edge pieces so that there will still be points and then will add the borders. I've got the top and bottom edges redone and will continue to finish this up tomorrow.

This is available as a kit with pattern if you're interested. You just need the Boondoggle Ruler from Bella Nonna Design Studio. There are 3 other patriotic designs in the pattern along with the primary pattern--- Dangling Diamonds. Or, maybe you'd just like some of these camo inspired batiks, let me know I can ship yardage!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. So wonderful! I am so missing my sewing room! 2 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original pattern suggested a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. thanks for sharing your heart and where to get the pattern.

    ReplyDelete