Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP - Aug 17

Just hours before the McCall's Quilt Design Star Challenge #2 reveal and voting begins. I hope you'll come back and check my blog starting August 18 for a direct link and a viewing of my entry. Voting will be DAILY through September 9. I'd really like to make it through to Challenge #3 (the final one). Thank you for your support! Feel free to encourage your friends to check out the quilts and vote for their favorite!

Fliers for the trip to Ireland June 2012 have been distributed to area retailers, quilt guilds, and will be available at the Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival Sept. 16-18. There is a 3% discount if you signup by September 1 !!

PROGRESS
So...what's in progress today? I'm excited to have the top finished for my Jinny Beyer 2010 BOM - Jinny's Garden. Wondering what I'll call my own version since I changed a few things. Thanks to my dh for rigging up this hanging rod, the early morning has NO sun, the late afternoon has lots of sun. With pinks it always seems better to photograph them NOT in direct sunlight.

So...here it is, freshly taken this morning. Even a few cosmos are blooming to go along with it. It still needs ironing and then to quilt it, but I'm excited to have completed the top. The top of the quilt purposely doesn't have a black outer border --1) the bed size doesn't need it--I'm thinking of using it for our bed; 2) didn't have enough of the black background fabric. This finished is ~ 90"x ~ 100". When I purchased the fabric at Jinny's studio in Virginia May 2010 I wasn't sure exactly how big I wanted the quilt and didn't sit there to figure it out. The original pattern doesn't have the correct finished dimensions on it, so that threw me off too. I ended up using the binding fabric for the setting triangles in the center which is black with some pink leaf outlines. The sashing light fabric is pale green and in this photo almost looks neon!


ON HOLD
EQ7 2011 BOM- on track
Lonestar wall hanging - want to do borders on two sides and embroidery work.
Oddie's Wild Nature - target July...most likely August if at all now.
One-fabric re-pieced table cloth - target October (p.s. picked up a very thin batting at AQS Knoxville to try with this)

Completed Tops awaiting Quilting
2010 Jinny Beyer BOM - Jinny's Garden
McCall's Challenge #2 (Pulsed Illumination)
McCall's Challenge #1 --1892 Rondure -- partially done. See photos from last week's  blog post.
2006 Basket BOM - target August
Tulip wall hanging --this is a redo of the quilting - target November
Colorwash Heart Duvet Cover -- this is to salvage an old duvet - target December

Statistics
Completed: 7
  • Starlight-Flutterbright
  • View from the old cellar
  • Supernova
  • Psychedelic america
  • Wwu baby-star theme
  • Wwu baby - spring theme
  • My First Journey
In Progress: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment