Next weekend is our local quilt festival. I needed an extra day of quilting due to some unforseen medical issues with a family member which kept me in Seattle unexpectedly, so this 2010 Jinny Beyer BOM - Jinny's Garden will not be in the show since I couldn't get it done before leaving on the vacation and quilts were due while we were gone. Hope to get it done today!
In the show will be my mom's Jinny's Garden and several other customer quilts that I've quilted.
My personal quilts will be:
- Starlight-Flutterbright with the newly applied crystals (was also shown without crystals @ Trends Spring 2011 winning Judges' Choice and at the 2011 Crazy Horse Quilter's Show in Pendleton, OR; shown with crystals in the APWQ Member's Special 'Star' Exhibit 2011) More details about the quilt can be see in these posts.
- Hail MBA! A t-shirt quilt made from a collection from my parent's old shirts from where they used to work (and I grew up!) set with a beach scene in the sashings. The school literally included beach front property.
- "Will You Accept This Rose" --the quilt that was made when I won Viewer's Choice in the Jackie Robinson 2010 Roses Block Design Contest. It was on a year long Maywood Studio trunk show, so this is the first local show I've been able to put it in since it was returned to me. I don't have much blogged about it since it was done in 2010 (prior to my blogging), but here are a few other related posts. AND lots on Facebook.
Next on the list...
- My INMQ challenge for the Spokane show --needs to be delivered to someone who will take it to the meeting next Saturday...so this is what is on my design wall. What do you think this will become? Lots to do!!
- customer quilts that were hand delivered by my mom from Arizona and will need to go back to AZ by next Monday.
- McCalls Challenge rounds #1 and #2 were juried into the MQX show coming up in Portland in October need to be quilted and finished.
Don't forget about coming along to Ireland June 2012!
I'd better get on with my list! Check out more design walls on Judy's Patchwork Times and BOM's Away links at WhataHootQuilts.
|Supernova-Blackhole -- backside|