Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WIP

Thank you Thank you for all of the wonderful comments left on the voting page. (click on the 'vote for me' to the right to check it out and add yours)

Bonus: Just wanted to share my latest customer quilts.....so happy to be back into the swing of things. I'm loving how the feathers turned out on this cotton sateen (left). The borders especially!  On the right is my 'Zoe' pattern with a front facing frog pantograph which was just the perfect design to put on this Tula Pink 'Prince Charming' fabric with the frogs subtly in the design. This particular frog in the fabric and the pantograph just happened to align in an amazing sort of way. I have a client who has done several of my 'Zoe' pattern quilts and I usually get to be very creative with the quilting. This is the first I've done a pantograph on 'Zoe', but it was just the perfect design for the fabric and the quilt is intended for a boy. I'll post more photos in my Facebook album.











An exciting development in my long-arm machine setup includes a set of Red Snappers that I bought from Renae Haddadin while at MQX-West. No more pin pricks for me and quilt backs (and tops if you want) are loaded and unloaded in a snap! Check them out on her website.

Personal Projects Progress: 8 are in process
  • EQ7 2011 BOM- on track through October! I think the remaining two blocks will need to have green centers, but a fair amount of white, wdyt? Maybe another with significant black. I don't know what the block patterns are yet, so just thinking about trying to get a decent balance. The EQ challenge will be at the end of the year when we get to design a 'setting' for these blocks.

  • Fearless Design Ch. 9 - 4 blocks w/diff. borders/placemats for charity . I got the hearts attached to the background. Now to decide on the various borders. I've designed several in EQ7, but not sure I want to go through the real exercise and make them, just due to time


Awaiting Attention:
  • Lonestar wall hanging - missed the deadline that I was trying to hit....so we'll see when I get back to this idea
  • Oddie's Wild Nature
Completed Tops awaiting Quilting
  • One-fabric re-pieced table cloth (it was ready to quilt!!)
  • 2006 Basket BOM
  • Tulip wall hanging --this is a redo of the quilting - target November
  • Colorwash Heart Duvet Cover -- this is to salvage an old duvet - target December




Completed during 2011 (TOTAL: 12)

  • McCall's Quilt Design Star 2011 - FINAL Challenge - @ McCall's HDQTRS
  • 1892 Rondure - McCall's Quilt Design Star Challenge #1 - accepted into MQX West, Portland, Oct. 12-16.
  • Pulsed Illumination - McCall's Quilt Design Star Challenge #2 - accepted into MQX West, Portland, Oct. 12-16
  • My Garden, adapted from Jinny Beyer's 2010 BOM - Jinny's Garden (my mom's version that I quilted won 2nd place, People's Choice, large quilt @ WWVQF 2011)
  • INMQ Challenge 2011, @ WA State Quilter's - Spokane show, Oct. 14-16
  • Starlight-Flutterbright - designed for Highland Quilts, Athena, OR and now on display there
  • View from the old cellar - SOLD
  • Supernova - Black Hole
  • Psychedelic America - on display @ Patit Creek Cellars, Walla Walla, WA
  • WWU baby - star theme - given to Becky St. Clair's daughter
  • WWU baby - spring theme - given to Donny Veverka's daughter
  • My First Journey - commission for Teacher Tammy's twin granddaughters
Ireland!! Deadline extended to Nov. 1 for full-payment discount. Join me on a fabulous adventure in Ireland, June 5-15, 2012.

Thanks for stopping by....Thanks for voting! Don't forget to leave a comment at the bottom of the voting page. Thanks so much!!

More WIP's indexed at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! Love that frog coincidence. Very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous quilting marlene - and how do i get some of those snappers - they look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting on the frog. What a great coincidence. And glad you are enjoing your Red Snappers. I have had mine for a few months and thing they are really great, too.

    ReplyDelete