Sunday, May 29, 2016

Playful Paper Piecing with Island Batik fabrics

Having some fun this month with Island Batik Ambassadors with 'Playful Paper Piecing'.








I'm sure this could be interpreted in a lot of different ways, but there was a row from 2015 at Richmond, VA's Quilting Adventures that was quite a faceted paper piecing adventure! I thought this would be a fun one to use Tinsel #islandbatik fabrics. Based on fabric amounts I had left from the Wendy Sheppard quilt I made earlier this year....I used two different grey fabrics in the background but both read fairly similar in terms of value, so think I was able to use them effectively. The depth of value in this collection gave me plenty to choose from in order to get the facets to work based on the designer's designations. Given the background motifs it almost feels like it is rain drops about to turn into snow!


After the 'rain' and 'umbrellas' I've created lately, surely there is something bigger in my future that will actually incorporate them all! Stay tuned.






9 comments: