Monday, April 3, 2017

Design Wall Monday

Gearing up for a retreat this week on Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho so hope to have lots of UFO tops finished by this time next week!

This past week I had the Rondure intensive with 3 other students and we were exhausted by Friday. But so much got accomplished. It was very exciting!  Here is what my design wall looked like at the end of the 3 days. Hope this is one that I can finish up this week, but might tackle some lower hanging fruit first!

I did get one thing done!! Our Island Batik Ambassador challenge for last month was to make a mini using English or foundation piecing. Using the Eastern Star block from my co-authored book "You Can Quilt!" I made two regular blocks --sized down to 10" blocks and then did some variations on it so that the small corner elements completed but then didn't go any further into the star field.

More details on a previous blogpost.


I'm in my shop today, but will be closed the rest of the week. Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. How fun for you to go on a Retreat. I like this versign of your Roundure. Having too much fun as Ambassador. Nice stars and quilting.

    ReplyDelete