Monday, April 17, 2017

Design Wall Monday

Our Island Batik Ambassador Challenge this month is 'Adventurous Applique' ...I took an adventure with two different pieces. So, today you get the progress! Full posts about this will occur over the next week or so. Watch for them!

Love is in the Air
 -- remember my paper pieced heart in February ...here it is used as an applique on this whimsical wall hanging.

Still needs binding.




Orange Blossoms
 - using the orange peel shapes and concepts from my book "You Can Quilt!" I used different sizes to create an effect of smaller to larger in a nice sequence.
2", 4" and 6" orange peel shapes. I used pieces from a new line called "Seas the Day" --you might recognize some from my Sea Bubbles quilt that will be revealed at market next month.

This one is in the 'blocking' stage.

1 comment: